On-line Opinion Magazine…OK, it's a blog
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Paraskavedekatriaphobia

Yes, it’s Friday the 13th again. The 13th falls on a Friday more than any other day of the week, so get over it. It’s only valid in in English and Portuguese speaking countries, so go visit a Spanish-speaking neighborhood for the day.

If you want to blame someone, it’s the calendar of Pope Gregory XIII that created this imbalance. [He obviously didn’t have a problem with the number on any day.]

9 comments

1 hipparchia { 01.13.23 at 7:38 pm }

i tripped over a black cat that was crossing my path today; no major injuries involved, so i guess today was my lucky day after all. 😈

2 Bryan { 01.13.23 at 9:29 pm }

The ones crossing my path aren’t the problem for me, it’s the ones that approach from behind and hit the back of my knee that take me down. 😆

3 Anya { 01.14.23 at 11:23 am }

My favorite form of feline sneak attack (regardless of cat color) is the poorly deployed tail at a blind intersection.

4 Bryan { 01.14.23 at 7:44 pm }

Ah, yes, the feline equivalent of the rope loop covered by leaves that snares the victim.

5 Anya { 01.15.23 at 11:13 am }

Of course, there are always the “cat jokes” that will provoke a loud “YEEK!” such as the Wet Tail Joke (Jessica’s favorite) wherein the cat will sit in a recently used bathtub until her tail is soaked, and the come looking for a tail pet or leg stroke.

Surprise, surprise!

6 Bryan { 01.17.23 at 11:06 am }

It’s even funnier if the night is chilly and they crawl under the covers to your feet. A million laughs 😆

7 Kryten42 { 01.20.23 at 11:23 pm }

Ahhh yes! Well… the Vatican and assorted Popes over the millennia, can be blamed for many idiocies and outright crimes (in many Countries). 🤷🏽‍♂️😈😏

I have found over many Decades of being kitty owned… That when they get really bored, you are in a lot of trouble! The have many creative ways they can amuse themselves at your expense. 😼😹

OT: I was just watching this YT vid by Midas Touch about Dotards latest moronic rant. You probably know about it. But I like this particular explanation, because it does make the case for why it is very likely the leaker was a Dotard/GOP appointed Justice or someone close.

I’m waiting for my Louisiana ‘style’ Chicken Portions to roast. They are frozen, and made in New Zealand! But they do taste pretty good.

Speaking of NZ… Seems Jacinda Adern has had enough of Politics. I always said she was one smart Woman! I don’t blame here one bit. But NZ will regret this sooner or later.

And lastly (with apologies)m I just tweeted this about Santos for a laugh! 😹🤔😼

Apart from all that! I do hope you, Bryan and Anya are both well, happy & safe! Please take care. 👋🏽🖖🏽

8 Bryan { 01.27.23 at 11:00 pm }

I have lost three attempts at responses, Kryten, tenants are driving me nuts. you talk to tenants and tell them they can’t do something because it will overload their electrical system and blow fuses. They continue and not only blow the fuse, they melt the fuse holder. ARRRG. I’m working on installing a subpanel to get around the problem. I tried to hire an electrician, but they started talking about thousands of dollars and the owner won’t go for it.

I have been convinced that Clarence Thomas’s wife, Ginni, did the leaking. She has the attitude, the politics, and the media connections for something like that. To validates their non-investigation the “Supremes” hired former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff without mentioning their financial ties to Mr. Chertoff. Without those ties, Chertoff’s failed handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina should have rendered Chertoff unemployable and living under a bridge, not hanging around with Supreme Court Justices.

I assume the Louisiana style means Cajun spices which make anything taste good.

NZ screwed up. Jacinda Adern was competent and everyone agrees that competency is a rare thing among politicians (Donald Trump, Scott Morrison, George Santos, &c).

I hope your cats didn’t get all of your chicken 😆

9 Kryten42 { 01.30.23 at 12:47 am }

I am truly sad to hear you are having such a bad time with tenants! I would NOT be one of those, I assure you! Because you would never do this: I got an Email Thursday that my rent is increasing AU$20/wk, in spite of all the outstanding repair issues. So I’ve had a very busy few days! It doesn’t sound like much, and under ‘normal’ circumstances, wouldn’t be. But with the cost of everything racing up. it is. Awaiting responses from Consumer Affairs, Vic. And the Vic Tenants Assoc. VTA has all the issues reports from the previous site mangers and Statutory Declarations from various people who have been involved. We’ll see how it goes.

My kitties got their own (Vet. approved) chicken dinner. So, they were happy. And yes, a mild Cajun spiced, but still tasty chicken w/ breadcrumb coating. One of the best I’ve actually tasted outside of Louisiana. but I didn’t have to drink a pint of iced water after!🥵😼 Still pretty pissed about Shrubbery’s handling of Katrina. But totally unsurprised!

Ginni the Leaker would not surprise me. You are most likely correct. You usually are mate! You’ve earned my respect many times over (for whatever that is worth these days, not much I’m afraid). I really hope you are taking care of yourself too my friend. Would be a nice end to outlive all the bastards in both countries and at least go out with a permanent smirk! Or even a smile. 😏😊👍🏽

Well, at least I get my new Notebook some time in the next couple days. It’s at the local AP Distribution Center. IT shipped from Sydney almost 2 weeks ago. So that would be a record for the past couple years! The Lenovo Notebook Division Manager has been very good! It’s a bit of a shock! I even told him that when he phoned this morning to ask if I received it yet after I told him no. He swore! I like him!👍🏽😊

He gave me his eMail address and said that any problems, email him. Real Customer service! From a Manager! I almost needed a respirator!

I said I would be happy to let him know how I go with it and if all is well, give an endorsement. We chatted at length after the order was placed, and I told him what I thought of DELL, Apple and HP (I had been a Manager at Apple and HP and nothing but trouble dealing with Dell & their equipment!) He wanted details, and I had no problem giving him the details I could! He offered me a job! I told him, sadly… That I truly wished I could accept. And explained. Oh well. Life, eh? 🤷🏽‍♂️😖

Take care Bryan. You are a smart man! Don’t do anything stupid!
(Maybe I should take my own advice! I spent a few days in Hospital for minor surgery after a barefoot broken glass incident!) 😉😼