On-line Opinion Magazine…OK, it's a blog
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Good Local News?

The media was reporting this morning that my whacko Congresscritter, Matt Gaetz, was considering leaving Congress to become a media troll. Then this evening it is being reported that he is under investigation by the Feds for crossing state lines with a 17-year-old female [you’re adults, so you know what I mean].

So, basically I can look forward to the end of his stupid e-mails as he goes either to NewsMax or a SuperMax. 👿

14 comments

1 Kryten42 { 03.31.21 at 4:23 pm }

Ohhhh… It gets better Bryan! I am PMSL… This is what that utter lunatic is using as his defense! 🤦‍♂️😏😂

Most of the comments to his thread are on the money. There are a few MAGA morons that make it even funnier!

Made my day. And it’s only 8:20 AM! 🤣

OT: Remember in 2019 (I think) After our Banking Royal Commission found the Banks and financial institutions guilty on several charges? And I joined a class action against NAB (my Bank) & AMP (Super fund manager) over my Superannuation? I got a letter yesterday to tell me the cases have been settled & I will get a compensation payment after the details are worked out but within 60 days. About time I got a win!

2 Bryan { 03.31.21 at 8:48 pm }

Congratulations on getting anything back from the financial sector.

As near as I can tell the blackmail/extortion claim is just your garden variety Republican scam: give us $25 million to find a guy that the Iranian government has said is dead and we’ll see about helping your kid [Matt] out of his trouble. Matt wasn’t being blackmailed, Don Gaetz, Matt’s father, who actually has $ millions, is the one being hit up for 25 large. Matt is supposed to be a lawyer and doesn’t have the common sense to get a defense attorney and shut the hell up.

3 hipparchia { 04.01.21 at 11:11 pm }
4 Kryten42 { 04.02.21 at 1:13 am }

Hiya hipparchia and Bryan. 👋

…”everything in Florida is always weirder than it seems.”

From everything I’ve read from Bryan over 15 yrs about FL… Yep!

It’s not looking any better for Gaetz: 👍😈
Feds have evidence connecting Matt Gaetz to fake ID scheme in Florida: report

And:

Hopefully, when it all gets to Court, the moron will represent himself! That would make it a slam-dunk for the prosecution!

Happy Easter my US friends! Maybe you’ll have one less problem in FL Bryan! 😀

OT: A few hours after I tweeted about NAB above, I got a call from them. (Who knew they read your blog!) 😏🤭 The are sending me a PDF form to fill-in & eMail back with ID and confirmed the payment would be AU$2,164 (The original fee they illegally charged me was ~AU$1,660.) So adjusted for inflation, interest & compensation amount. Somewhat to their credit, they have moved relatively quickly to compensate everyone without arguments. The other banks seem to be wanting stretch it out as long as they can. I asked the agent if they can help me get my compensation from AMP ASAP, as I have been a loyal client of theirs for >30 years and have put quite a lot of money through NAB (including two profitable business accounts, two House loans fully paid back, Car’s etc. I didn’t need the home/car loans at that time, they were for financial and tax reasons that my Accountant and a Consultant at the ATO suggested I do to reduce my tax burden). He said “We have no problem with business owners minimizing their tax legally. In fact, if you don’t you are being foolish. We want you to stay in Business as long as possible!” Makes sense to me. I doubt the current ATO under the LNP feels that way at all!

Anyway, the person I was talking to went and talked to a manager and said that they will certainly look into how they can help. Better than nothing I suppose, for a Bank!

I guess NAB crunched the numbers and decided the *good will* would get them new customers they can screw in other ways so will help alleviate the cost of the compensation payouts. 🤷‍♂️🙄

5 Anya { 04.02.21 at 11:24 am }

Am I a bad person for finding Matt Gaetz’ current trouble highly entertaining? Seems like every day there’s another uproarious episode in this comic mini-series.

(Well, let’s hope it’s only a mini-series; I dunno if I could stand a whole season of it….)

😀

6 Bryan { 04.02.21 at 8:09 pm }

His father, Don Gaetz, was the bad influence that introduced young Matt to politics. Don was the local representative for the Florida House, and then went to the Florida Senate. He was there for the maximum time allowed in each of the two houses [we have term limits in Florida so no one learns how to do their job.]

Matt served in the Florida House, but ran for Congress when Jefferson Beauregard Miller decided he had enough. Having an R behind his name on the ballot and name recognition because of his father are the totality of his qualifications for any governmental position.

This sex club sounds like something that started in college, someone should check to see how many of those involved are members of the same fraternity or went to the same college. The sex part is so frat stupid [a more advanced form of middle school stupid.]

We might as well laugh, Hipparchia. He will probably get a gig at NewsMax, like Joe Scarborough on MSNBC.

Anya, I hate to say this, but it’s beginning to look like other Florida politicians are involved, so it may be picked up by HBOMax or Netflix at some point. Carl Hiaasen has retired from his newspaper job, so he would be available for the screen plays and has the right attitude for this Florida stupidity.

Good on ya, M8. If you don’t ask, you won’t get anything. Tweet about the nice treatment that NAB provided and about waiting to hear from AMP. It can’t hurt. I think you’re correct that NAB wants the problem to go away and paying people is cheaper than the PR campaign they would have to mount if they drag this out.

7 hipparchia { 04.02.21 at 10:44 pm }

We might as well laugh

if the sex involved only consenting adults, i will laugh ’til the cows come home.

8 Bryan { 04.02.21 at 10:52 pm }

Point taken.

9 Kryten42 { 04.03.21 at 8:49 am }

Hi Anya. 👋 Personally, I think it makes you very discerning! I’ve been laughing… And I’m not even American. 😉 😀

I tweeted your backgrounder Bryan. It does explain a lot I think.

Agree with you hipparchia. If it were up to me, every single person involved in assault of a child, would be, at the very least, castrated (bat & balls!) Then tossed in a rat hole prison until they rot. The women involved (there are at least a few apparently) just tossed in prison & loose the keys.👎🤬

Here’s another update:
A spokesman for Matt Gaetz quits, as the Justice Dept. investigates whether his boss violated sex trafficking laws.

I got this one earlier from Vanity Fair, not about Gaetz. 😉
Donald Trump’s Odds of Staying Out of Prison Are Rapidly Dwindling

10 Bryan { 04.03.21 at 9:50 pm }

That’s OK, Kryten, I laugh at some of your politicians too. I’m amazed that our politicians are handling billions of dollars and I wouldn’t trust them to wash my car or mow the lawn. Actually I doubt many are qualified to use the basic tools that most people have in the “junk” drawer of their kitchen for minor emergencies.

Matt Gaetz’s spokesman is new to politics and this may have caused him to understand some of the odd comments he had overheard while working for Gaetz. He was right to resign before he got tainted by Gaetzgate [AKA PizzaGaetz, if you are familiar with QAnon myths] 👿

11 Kryten42 { 04.04.21 at 1:04 am }

I laugh at pretty much ALL of our Politicians! On both sides & the middle. All the Parties here are full of sociopaths and in it for what they can get out of it! Actually, i laugh at most Politicians these days, with a rare few exceptions. It’s either that or brush up on my Military training! 🤷‍♂️

I just had a laugh @ Boebert, yet again! Someone posted screen-caps of two tweets she made in succession a couple hours apart, that of course contradicted each other.

“Nature abhors a vacuum. Apparently, so does Twitter. Now that we no longer have to put up with the complete moron 45 ‘King of Brain Farts’… It’s only natural that the ‘Queen of Brain Farts’ continues!” 🤦‍♂️😖

12 Bryan { 04.04.21 at 7:05 pm }

I figure that Boebert has spent too much time at an indoor range – looks like lead poisoning. Very few indoor ranges have the right kind of ventilation to trap the airborne lead particles.

The problem with politics is that you are expected to toe the party line without regard to how crazy it might be. You must lack a backbone and self-respect to do that.

13 Kryten42 { 04.07.21 at 11:14 pm }
14 Bryan { 04.11.21 at 5:35 pm }

A lot of it is down to the lead that use to be in gasoline. There are a lot of Stock Car racing tracks in the South with modern Republicans crowded in the stands. Then there’s the lead crystal decanters that the Old Money use for their liquor. The liquor leeches the lead out. Of course, the plumbing in older cities that was introduced early on features lead pipes, just like the the Roman cities. The word “plumbing” an the symbol of the element, Pb, is derived from the Latin word for lead – plumbum.

I’m grateful for spending a significant portion of my early life in rural areas and was spared the effects of lead. Qualifications in the military and law enforcement were on outdoor ranges which reduced the danger of lead, and of hearing damage.